It is with great joy and pride that we announce our independent school’s remarkable achievement of receiving the prestigious “Leaders in Safeguarding Quality Mark.” This Quality Mark recognises excellence in Safeguarding practice and is a testament to our unwavering commitment to the safety and well-being of our students. It serves as a validation of the exceptional efforts put forth by our dedicated staff and the entire school community.
The Leaders in Safeguarding Quality Mark is an award that celebrates and supports achievement in highly effective and robust safeguarding arrangements. It is awarded to organisations in recognition of their provision, practice and commitment to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe. The award is valid for two years.
Organisations that are approved for the award receive confirmation of entry on the Leaders in Safeguarding Register.
The Leaders in Safeguarding Standard requires:
- Clear lines of accountability for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Committed governance arrangements and quality assurance processes
- Full compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and guidance
- Comprehensive, clear and effective safeguarding policies, procedures and systems
- Effective and appropriate information sharing
- Highly effective inter-agency working
- Safer recruitment practices
- Highly effective supervision and support
- High quality staff training and continuing professional development
- Very good staff awareness of safeguarding arrangements and effective day to day practice
- High priority is given to safeguarding the most vulnerable groups
- Accessible and effective whistleblowing arrangements
- Full and effective implementation of the ’Prevent’ duty
- Precise recording of information and concerns
- Good understanding of the requirements for confidentiality
- Effective risk assessment and risk management arrangements
- Good first aid and health and safety arrangements
At The Write Time, we firmly believe that a secure and nurturing environment is essential for effective learning and growth. This recognition is a testament to the fact that the safety and welfare of our students have always been at the forefront of everything we do.
Receiving the Leaders in Safeguarding Quality Mark is not only an accomplishment but also a commitment to continuous improvement. We understand that safeguarding is an evolving landscape, and as educational professionals, we strive to stay up-to-date with the latest best practices and guidelines. Our achievement serves as a strong foundation to build upon, as we continuously enhance our safeguarding measures to ensure that we remain at the forefront of student welfare.